The Client Group is a conglomerate of over 40 companies operating within East Africa. They started as a hardware store in Nairobi in 1948. But soon, they expanded into manufacturing, building materials, print and packaging, office and IT Distribution, services and trading, and real estate in Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda. The Client Group employs over 4,000 people with an annual turnover above US$300 million.
- The group used several tools to run their business operations, which created silos instead of bringing the unified structure they desired
- Lack of process uniformity: Standardization was hard to achieve, with multiple tools performing similar, overlapping functions, because there was always confusion over the right tool for the right job.
- Poor process visibility: Using too many tools to solve similar use cases created silos. This prevented the leadership team from gaining visibility into the enterprise's business operations.
- Delayed approvals: Getting timely approvals was challenging because numerous processes spread across different tools made it difficult to track the requests.
The Client Group sought a tool to streamline all its business processes and workflows so that the conglomerate could function as one, with consolidate reports, integrate the platform with other existing systems, and automate the reporting process.. Today, the group extensively uses Low Code-No Code platform for running its business operations and has set up 85 processes, 400 integrations, 50 data sets, and 5 case systems within a year.
Some of the essential processes include:
- HR - Leave application, employee onboarding, and employee offboarding
- IT - Hardware and software resource requests and approvals, support requests.
- Finance - Online payment requests and approvals, customer credit application, and renewal.
- Environment, Health, and Safety - Identification and tracking of statutory compliance items. Two decades of expertise and counting - delivering excellence with experience.